Sunday, June 24, 2018

ENJOYING LIFE

It’s been 76 years for this body to be moving, seeing, feeling and loving.  There are days when I have backaches, sleepless nights, and no energy, but thankfully those are few.  I am very lucky to have a devoted husband, family, friends and many animals to treasure in our beautiful home.  So I guess Purplelady’s passion for today is just ‘life’!  I try to live in the present as Eckhart Tolle states in his book, The Power of Now.  I do not dwell on the past, as i have had my share of unhappy memories.  I don’t want to think too much into the future as there might not be many of those.  But I do love to think of my present and how much enjoyment I am having with my life

At this point, we are now getting ready to downsize.  We have tried this avenue before but evidently it was unsuccessful as we are at it again.  We now have to think of what is ahead and just how much work we can handle as the years progress, so are moving to a smaller home.  But I don’t like to get too much into this future thing and just enjoy the process of gathering all the stuff we have collected over the years.  Boy, that sure isn’t at the top of my list for fun, but when it is done, I will be on top of the world.  We have things that our parents gave us, we have photos from our many vacations that only we will enjoy, we have clothes we’ve saved just in case we might take up golf, camping or hiking again some day, and we have junk!  So this is the time to de-clutter our lives.  In the process, I hope to feel cleansed and born again, as this will be a new adventure for us.

So why do I call myself ‘purplelady’?  Well, first of all I LOVE purple.  And if you think about it, it is in between red and blue on the color wheel.  Red is when you are hot to trot, full of too much energy and possibly aggression persists.  Blue is calm, collected, but really does not have any pizzazz.  But purple, on the other hand, is right in the middle, perfection to me.  In metaphysics, purple connects with the crown chakra.  In healing, purple is good for emotional problems combining the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red.  If you visualize a rainbow, at the far end of the spectrum is purple.  So I have linked on to this creative and healing color as it connotates only goodness.

Today is a good day for me as I start my blog.  I only slept 6 hours, but that is actually total satisfaction whereas some days are much less.  I’ve had my morning java, done my exercises, fed my animals, and getting ready for my breakfast. Who knows what great things lie ahead of this new day.  How about you?  Enjoy your day, enjoy nature and all its greenery, and enjoy your health, both emotional and physical.  And most of all enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment